Monday, December 19, 2011

headboard bench, take 10


Hi everyone,

I thought I'd take a break from Christmas stuff and share the most recent headboard bench we did.  We're going to start on another soon, as my grandmother passed away yesterday & left a gorgeous bed to us ~ that one will be a keepsake for the rest of time!  Her bed was a full size, which seems to be a dwindling item.  Whenever I see it I think of her, so I'm thankful to have something to do with it that we can use in our home that will also carry memories with it.

Don't forget about the huge Annie Sloan giveaway going on until the end of the month!  Take a moment & enter yourself, you'll be glad you did!

Now onto the bench...

 

Have we really done 10 headboard benches?  I think we have, and it might even be a few more than that.  I just love them ~ and the headboards are in such great supply at such a low cost, there just isn't any reason not to keep making them :)

This is the closest thing I have to a 'before' picture, so it'll have to do.


In progress:



Ready to paint:


And then things get dicey.  I primed it gray, thinking I was going to paint it gray…


But I didn't like it in gray :(

Brown?



Nope, not brown either.

And so it sat… for ages (literally, months) in the garage.  It held tools, bags, soccer balls, bats & gloves, you name it, it sat there.


Until this past weekend, when I pulled it out & painted it black.  And it was happy!


I LOVE it :)







thanks for stopping by!  I have a little more Christmas to share later this week, so I'll be back soon :)
kathie

3 comments:

  1. the classic black is so perfect on this bench! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always good that the piece actually 'likes' it's color ;) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I've said before, you are the queen of the headboard bench! Merry Christmas Kathie!

    ReplyDelete