Saturday, December 3, 2011

ornaments the kids can make

My kids have been begging to make ornaments for their teachers, so I was on the hunt for something they could do themselves that would still look pretty.  I kept my niece & nephew the other morning, and spied something on Lydie's tree (she is 5) that fit the bill.  Thanks, Cathy Rice, for the inspiration!

It was a CD, covered in glitter and stars, hanging from the branch.  Shiny, twirly, cheap and easy = perfect!

To make these, I bought a bunch of cheap cd's at costco.  I covered the printed face of the first one in hot glue, laid down a string for a hanger, then plopped another cd on top, shiny side up.  I wanted both sides to look nice… you could also do this with just one cd if you wanted.

Then I covered up the center cd holes with scalloped circles from a huge paper punch and the kids went to town.  I gave them letter stickers, embellishments & markers for the back, as well as a list of words that would be appropriate.

they wrote 
"To:  mrs. xyz  
Love:  jd & thomas  
december 2011"

They turned out so cute!!  A lot of the letters are crooked but  I let go of my OCD for a minute and let it go :)









The fun mess we made :)



I would definitely recommend this craft for kids ~ fun, fast, easy & cheap.  And cute!

Have a great Wednesday!
kathie

2 comments:

  1. We did this at church a few years ago with old cds. Ours were not nearly as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this at church a few years ago with old cds. Ours were not nearly as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete