Thursday, August 5, 2010

paint = magic

Ugh, I am so mad at myself for not taking a 'before' picture of these four chairs!! I was just certain that I had taken at least one, but after searching & searching in vain, you're just going to have to trust me that they were in bad bad shape. They came out of the parking lot at The Scavenger Hunt- they had been sitting out in the rain and the wood was discolored & flaking in places. The seats were... uhm... pleather? plastic? Black *something* patched with black electrical tape. A sight to see, for sure!

So, I sanded. And sanded. And sanded some more. Sound familiar to anyone?

Then a good coat of primer, and a spray of Heirloom white. I secured all of the joints, although the chairs were awfully sturdy to begin with, surprisingly. Then I replaced the foam and covered the seats with some leftover Ikat fabric from my dining room curtains.
I paired them with these cute desk/tables that I snagged at a hotel liquidation site- I have two of the tables and four of the chairs.
We'll see if they catch someone's eye!



1 comment:

  1. You are a woman after my own heart with the goodwill finds. Beautiful job! You should stop by on Monday for my "Restyle Your World" linky party!

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete