This piece was pretty sad. I went back & forth about buying it for about 30 minutes but for the price, and the fact that it was solid wood/sturdy/dovetailed drawer construction, I just couldn't pass it up.
Here is the sorry before…
Isn't it lovely??
I added some embellishments on the three drawers for interest and I really like how they turned out. Check out my recent post on embellishments here.
I painted it with a blend of milk paints. I mixed together the Soldier Blue with a little bit of Slate, just to tone down the blue a bit. I put on a good heavy coat, sanded, then another.
Milk paint is funny to me. It distresses in such a variable way. Some places come almost clean, others hold the paint unbelievably well. But that is part of the fun & the challenge.
I took off the hideous hardware, filled half of the holes and replaced the hardware with some vintage-y glass knobs. The cabinet doors have hidden pulls on the tops, so are without hardware. Each of them hides 3 drawers.
Here she is after:
My little friend just can't resist getting in some photos…
Thanks for stopping by!