Birds seem to be everywhere these days. Everywhere, that is, except for the pillow I am still searching for!
This dresser had great lines and a solid structure. It was an easy purchase to make. And although I love the original hardware, I didn't use it on the refinished piece. I am saving it, though.
Because the wood was super grainy, I primed first in white. Then I had some of my dear friends help me paint it in Paris Gray (thats another story for another day, but just know I'm thinking of having a 'painting party' soon ~ everyone could bring their own piece & I'll provide all of the materials. FUN!) I finished it with some light distressing, clear wax & then a teensy bit of dark wax.
Here is the after:
I was going to fill the double holes in the bottom drawers for the bird pulls… but the look of a single pull on the bottom drawers didn't work for me. So I used these iron cup pulls that I had and painted them to match the birds. I used a combination of Rustoleum's nutmeg, oil-rubbed bronze and black, and wiped off a good bit of each coat with a paper towel to get just the right finish.
Because I know people will ask, HERE is the link for the bird pulls!
Have a great week, everyone!!