Saturday, October 22, 2011

homemade banner

So I haven't been painting this week, but did want to show you this banner that I finished a while back.  I am so happy with it!  

I am serving on the Tartan Trot team at church right now ~ The Tartan Trot is a race that takes place in January (in conjunction with our Scottish Heritage celebration, thus the name) that raises funds to send our youth on mission trips, as well as support a variety of local/global outreach that our church is passionate about.  There is a 10K, 5K and a fun run for the kiddos.  For those of you who are local, it is also a Peachtree qualifier (big news here in Atlanta).

If you're interested, the link is here.

We wanted to make a 'splash' in the lobby for our fundraising kick-off.  I used my new silhouette (I donated the cricut to the church children's ministries!!  they love it!) to cut the letters from tartan fabrics & adhered them to the fleece using heat n bond.  I made the trim around the sides with strips of bandanas.


Excuse our messy table, we were just getting set up!



I also made the tablecloth while I was at it, using the same method except the trim on the tablecloth is actually ribbon.

thanks for stopping by!  I promise I'll stop vacationing soon and get back to painting.  In the meantime I've got lots to show you, and will be posting some fun pieces of furniture next week.

kathie

2 comments:

  1. The banner and tablecloth are adorable. Great job...something to be proud of and enjoy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your creations look wonderful. You're very clever, and generous. Was it easy to cut the letters with your silhouette?

    ReplyDelete