Tuesday, June 14, 2011

perfection



My favorite neighbor found this for me at my favorite place (named… are you ready for this?  "My Favorite Place"  Really, it is).  It's hard to tell from the pictures but this piece is huge.  Huge.  Well over 6 1/2 feet wide, huge.


My initial plan was to strip & restain the top and paint the bottom.  Well, the top was in bad shape.  So I scrapped that plan and went for the paint.

You know when you have an idea in your head of what something is going to look like… and you work your tail off to make it happen… and it looks JUST like you hoped?  Or even better?  That is how this piece turned out for me.  I literally started working on it around 4pm today and just didn't stop until I was finished (husband is working late and the kids are spending a rare overnight at their grandparents, so I had time!)


In progress, it wasn't doing much for me.  I used a spray primer and then rolled/brushed on some Behr paint/primer in one in a creamy off white.


Isn't she lovely?


Some of the original hardware was missing, so I substituted four vintage glass knobs from my stash for the two outer drawers.  The original hardware is fabulous.





This piece at the bottom mirrors the 'backsplash' trim piece on the top.



LOVE this piece.  It was hard to get good photos because, as I said, I'm all by my lonesome here right now.  But the piece is (thankfully) on it's original casters so I was able to roll it right into the house :)

In other news, I might start answering our home phone "kitten rescue, may I help you?".  Look at the darling friend who spent a few hours with us on Sunday!


He is tiny ~ about 11 ounces, which is DOUBLE what Sam was when we rescued him back in November.  But we got him taken care of & the sweet lifeguards at our neighborhood pool (who found him behind a dumpster at the local burger king) found him a great home.  A win for everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!
kathie


inking to these great parties:
Restore Interiors Restored It Wednesday
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday
My repurposed Life's Catch as Catch Can
Primitive & Proper's Piece of Work Wednesdays
DIY by Design's Swing into Spring

8 comments:

  1. OOOoooo! I love your buffet. It is beautiful and those makeovers that go fast and turn out just right are the best! Sweet kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she really is lovely Kathie! It's really fun when you fall in love with a project. I hope you weren't moving her around by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think I may have seen that at My Favorite Place! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks sooo pretty! and i saw the lamplight on it and at first thought you painted the top bright yellow and i was worried. :) but it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really gorgeous! The original was so dark and heavy, and the white really brings out all it's beautiful lines. I'd love to have you join my Transformations and Treasures party on Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the buffet. That kitten is too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! Love the simple white color! I've really enjoyed looking through all of your previous posts especially the chalk paint ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a treasure! I had to laugh when I saw Cassie's comment; I thought the same thing ;-)
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete