Friday, November 26, 2010

blessings

During this season of Thanksgiving, it is hard not to feel overwhelmed with all of our blessings.  I am profoundly grateful for my family, my healthy & happy boys, our home & our church and the boys' school.
I am grateful for the newest addition to our family.  Sam (the moment the boys named him, I knew that  was it ~ he was ours) is thriving and is spending Thanksgiving week with us in the mountains.  

 My niece & my brother-in-law are equally smitten.

 I'm thankful for families that not only get along, but enjoy spending time together.   My inlaws were so gracious to invite not only us, but also my parents & my sister and her family to spend Thanksgiving with them at their mountain home.  We've had a great week!




 These two guys... they make my life brighter each moment.  They are such a blessing to me.
 Cousins that love one another like siblings.  It is such a blessing that we are able to raise them together (my sister & her family live down the street from us).  When Thomas was 2 & 3, he would introduce my niece by saying "This is my sister.  She name is Lydie".  The grammatical error was almost as funny as the fact that he truly believed she was his sister :)

 My nephew Hud.  Such an enormous blessing, especially after the loss of their son Mac.  We are all profoundly grateful for him!  Even when he is crying at 5am!




 This place is just gorgeous.  The weather hasn't been that great, but it hasn't mattered a bit.
 Watching for fish & ducks over the bridge.



 One of their favorite things to do ~ fish with my husband.



 Exhausted from all the fun.

 I had fun playing with the settings on my camera to get these shots... clearly, I have a lot to learn!
Blessings to you all!
kathie

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have!There is so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... what a beautiful place to spend Thanksgiving surrounded by family (and Sam too)! So many blessings abound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm so glad you had such a good Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for my new furniture friend, Kathie! I just wish you lived down the street from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family and it looks like the little new one is settling in perfectly! I am so glad that you had a wonderful day with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful family and a gorgeous setting for thanksgiving! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathie!!! What a gorgeous family! What a great place to spend the Holiday too. I am so glad that you are able to live so close to your sister. That must be the biggest blessing in your life. Also, that the kids are as close as they are. I grew up close to my cousins that lived next door to us (that would be 3 miles in farm land). We had so much fun together and got into so much "trouble"...nothing by today's standards-lol.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful family and feelings with us here on your blog. I always feel like I am just "welcomed in". Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family photos, and very beautiful place. I love the dresser too...you always do a good job with furniture.

    ReplyDelete