Monday, November 1, 2010

dining room lamps

 I've been wanting to replace the lamps on my sideboard for quite some time ~ ever since I got my new sideboard, the ones I had just seemed too little.
Here are the lamps & dresser I had before I got my new sideboard.  The gorgeous piece you see over the dresser is a hand-hooked rug that my mother-in-law made for me.  All of the wool was dyed specifically for the piece, and she took on the ship (quite a difficult design) simply because I asked her to.  I love it and I really love her!

 I found these lamps at the Goodwill for $6.99 each.  They are perfect, just not as-is.

Do you see the stereo cabinet in the background?  Still...... Not..... Finished.

On a happier note, back to the lamps!

I primed them, sprayed them dark glossy brown & added new shades.

This is after the first coat of brown.  As you can see they needed two coats.


I also added new finials.  They are  braided rope circles.

Love them!

Thanks for coming by!  What have you spraypainted lately?!
Kathie

Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Stories of a House Project Diaries
Sassy Sites Trash to Treasure Tuesdays

9 comments:

  1. Your new lamps look wonderful! I love the shades and the size is perfect for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lamps look great! I've painted quite a few brass lamps along the way too. Amazing what a little spray paint can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Where did you find those shades?? Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those shades are gorgeous! they look perfect on your sideboard now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lamps with the perfect shades! Great job! I've only been spray painting mirrors lately! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous result, and they look so perfect on your sideboard, Kathie. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the silver shades with the brown lamps! So pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up with Sassy Sites for "Trash to Treasure Tuesday". :)

    -Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to stop by when I saw those lamp shades! Those are the ones on my Christmas list for our bedroom from Lowes!!! Love them. My lamps are also from GW but they are crystal with brass. I am wanting to paint the brass as well and may do the brown. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete