Wednesday, August 4, 2010

drexel mirrors

I was shocked to find this perfect pair of Drexel mirrors hiding in the corner of our local goodwill a couple of weeks ago. I found them right before we left for the beach, so they had to sit & wait awhile until I could get to them!The finish was in good shape, just very dated. I taped & papered them off, primed them good, and then put a coat of Heirloom white on them.


The garage setting just doesn't do them justice!
There... that's better! I am in love with them. They are heavy, heavy. Like, put a serious anchor in the wall before you hang them- heavy. And they haven't found their perfect place here yet, but they will soon.




5 comments:

  1. WOW I am your first follower...I love when that happens. These are awesome mirrors....I love scores like this. In fact every Friday I have a garage salen party, basically anything NOT purchased in a retail store. I would love for you to come join in. Also right now I have a 60.00 CSN giveaway...come join in that too:) Debbiedoos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathie! These mirrors are great! And i love the table in yourlast post it's amazing!! Just an FYI if you are interested I am fairly new to blogland and I am doing a party on fri called "look what I found Friday" for thrift store goods if you want to come and link up we would love to have you!!

    Love your guts
    mandi @ vintage revivals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, great find, awesome redo! Excellent choice on the heirloom white. So what are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete