Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the first piece







Well, I finally took the plunge & started a blog! I've gotten so many great ideas and inspiration from all of you bloggers out there that I decided it was time to join the party :)

I'll start by showing you one of my first pieces... a rescue from the goodwill. I loved it from 'hello' and knew it had great potential (again, from seeing all the 'before' and 'after' shots in blogland!).

Here is the before...

Please excuse the sander cord! The grain on the top of the piece was gorgeous, so I knew right away I was going to stain the top. However, the thought of stripping & sanding around all that woodwork on the front was a little to much to handle for me. So, after stripping & sanding the top, I covered it with butcher paper & tape to protect it, then painted the bottom.

The picture quality is awful, I know!

And now for the finished piece... I am SO proud of it, and also proud to say that I already sold it! Hopefully, this is the start of a wonderful thing :)



Thanks for inspiring me!
Kathie


2 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation! I really like the two different colors, it really makes the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job with that piece! Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete