Tuesday, August 17, 2010

loving these chairs!

You might remember these chairs as being part of the loot my husband picked up for me while the boys & I were at the beach last week. The china cabinet in the previous post was also part of this set.I think it would have been obvious to just about anyone that these chairs have huge potential... so the 'after' photo's aren't as dramatic as they could be :)

Just the same, I am both happy & proud to show off the results! There are five side chairs and one arm chair in the set. I chose a fabric for the seats, and when I began work on recovering them, I discovered that I liked the back of the fabric much better than the front. So the back side of the fabric is what you see!

Please excuse my home right now, we are preparing for a huge furniture/garage sale this weekend (three more days of prep time!) so there is stuff everywhere. Really, everywhere.

Along those lines, though, if you are in the Atlanta area and want to come shop on Saturday (August 21 from 8-noon), leave a comment with your email/blog link and I'll send you my address!
I am thrilled with my new chairs!
kathie



11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful treasure! Love the chair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those chairs. They looks so cute and fresh white! Thanks for joining in this week. I would love if you added my link or button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my before and after button you actually have to add my link when you copy and paste it in the html....but my regular debbiedoos button is fine too....I just do not want people to get confused in the party...I have the garage salen party Fridays...and you are no bother:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look of the chairs!!! Great fabric choice too. I just revamped my first chair this week. I have all the pictures taken now I just need to find time to post it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chairs - I have been searching for some just like this to paint black! And the fabric looks fabulous. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chairs look fantastic now!! They are very cute and the fabric is very classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the fabric choice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I saw the before picture I thought they had great potential and you didn't disappoint !! They look great! Thanks for the visit on my blog and for leaving a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look gorgeous! You did a wonderful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these chairs! They have such great style! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those chairs, and it is hard to find a set that are that nice!!! I also live in Atlanta, and would love to come to your yard sale. I hope it doesn't rain :(
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete