Friday, August 20, 2010

garage sale goodness


I am in the final push to get ready for our sale tomorrow! I'll admit it, it has consumed me this week, and I am pretty excited for tomorrow morning to get here. Actually, this afternoon should be fun, too, as we have a number of people coming to preview things. Also, my sister, parents & dear friends are bringing over their loot in trucks/trailers to add to the mix :)

Please don't let it rain!

I've advertised well, I think. An add in our local paper, several (according to the category) on Craigslist, I've posted an album of sale items on my Facebook page. We have 12 signs ready to go up in the morning. What else do you do to advertise a sale at your home? Ideas?

Here are some of the goodies I've been working on for tomorrow.

Gorgeous french style table with 3 leaves & custom table pad (see 'before' picture in previous post!)
This hutch & buffet won't be sold, but were included in my frenzy. This is their second makeover since I inherited them from my mother-in-law... they originally belonged to her mother!
I scored these vintage restaurant chairs in a parking lot. Six are white...
And 8 are black.
This great table is up for grabs

And this precious member of our family got in on the action, too! She snuck out into the garage (aka my paint booth) and got good & dusty! I had to take pictures because I knew the boys would never believe me that she looked like a ghost :)

Have a great weekend! I would love to hear your thoughts on advertising for garage sales!
kathie

No comments:

Post a Comment