Friday, September 17, 2010

black antiqued china cabinet

I love the look of painted black furniture.  For some reason, I don't have any of it in my house, but after seeing this piece in my dining room, that might change.
It started as these two pieces.  Good bones & solid, but otherwise very unremarkable.

I primed it with gray primer.  Why?  Because that was the only color primer I had that wasn't white.  So I went with it.


This project took me over 3 weeks, which is unbelievable for me.  Those of you who know me well know that when I jump into a project, I usually can't let it go until it is done.  Totally done.

This project was 'in progress' forever, and then it sat in my dining room waiting to be put together for even longer.  I was waiting for someone to help me lift the top piece onto the bottom piece... I finally made the unwise decision to do it myself (I'm not very patient when it comes to stuff like this).  Picture it & laugh... it's ok.
But it got done & that is all that mattered to me!  As I said, I really like it.  I'm surprised by how much I like it.


Thanks for coming by!  A Big Thank-You Give-Away is coming TOMORROW!  Everyone who is a follower on the blog is automatically entered :)

kathie

linking to:
Primitive & Proper's Piece of Work Wednesday
Domestically Speaking's Power of Paint Party
Perfectly Imperfect's Style Feature Saturdays
Between Naps on the Porch:  Metamorphosis Mondays
The Thrifty Home's Refinished Furniture Party

5 comments:

  1. Truly a remarkable piece of furniture. My palette has been leaning me toward a french country look with lots of red/white/floral and yes, some black. I have not done anything in black as yet. One must be very brave to do so. Just as brave as using red. :) Lovely blog you have and thanks for having me. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great piece! It is beautiful and I love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what a big difference a little paint can make. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome piece. I'm sure it was worth all the time it took....now, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, i think i heard it breathe a sigh of relief in its new black coat!

    ReplyDelete