Sunday, September 12, 2010

pretty vanity for a pretty girl

These pieces came home with me a few weeks ago as part of a set... headboard/footboard (already sold, being painted custom for a sweet new customer!), chest and this vanity set.

They have been sitting in my garage waiting on some attention from me since.  However, the other day a friend came by, took one look and decided that she needed it for her daughter's room.  Her daughter happens to be a very dear friend of my younger son, so it is especially sweet to me that this piece will be living in her room!


Here are the befores...

Durings...


These drawers were a MESS.  I cleaned them with tsp, then wood cleanser.  Then I used a tiny bit of wood conditioner & stain to get them looking pretty again, and sealed them up good.

After...

See the black piece holding the mirror into place?  The originals were lost ~ the woman I bought this from couldn't remember ever having them in her possession.  So, I went on the hunt for new ones.  No easy task, especially since I didn't even know what to call them!  An antique hardware store in Chamblee ended the hunt for me.  I could have spent hours in there looking at (and drooling over!) all of the amazing hardware they had.  And, if you ever need to know, this piece is called a 'mirror key'.

 
Love it!  And I've just now noticed that the middle drawer on the right side is open a tiny bit in all of these pictures.  Sheesh.  Oh well, no one is perfect, right?

thanks for stopping by!
kathie

2 comments: