Friday, September 3, 2010

antique dresser

This gorgeous dresser came home with us a few Saturdays ago along with the matching vanity & mirror, and bed (footboard & headboard).  It collected quite a bit of dust in the garage while it waited for some attention!

I gave it a good sand ~ it appeared that the piece had been refinished at some point, but it was poorly done & the finish was clumpy/lumpy/textured feeling in lots of places.

After the sanding, I primed it - twice - and then painted.  I did completely strip and sand the top to add some interest to the painted portion of the piece.


And, here she is!  Love!  I didn't care for the hardware, which I don't believe was original (but maybe I'm wrong about that- thoughts?) but I love the glass knobs with it.
Don't you love the details?!

The current resting place is in our dining room, but this piece deserves a better home than that!
Have a great long weekend, everyone!
kathie


3 comments:

  1. Turned out beautiful! Isn't sanding a pain!? It was well worth the work. I love you contrasted to top of it with a dark color. Great style!
    -Polly
    www.learnandgopollyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great!! I agree about the hardware too, I love the glass knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The glass knobs are a great choice.

    ReplyDelete